History of Our Church
The church began in 1922 as a chapel for the Rosicrucians, or the Brethren of the Rose Cross, an esoteric order that traces its spiritual origins deep into the writings, teachings, and rituals of ancient Egypt, Greece, India, Mesopotamia, and Israel. Under a succession of Pastors, the Church grew, eventually purchased the present structure on 120th Street, and in 1963 changed its name to the First Church of Illumination. For the last eight years Rev. Dyer has headed the Church. Along with the current leadership there have been many additional ministries and programs. We are committed to fulfilling the original biblical mission and function of the Church of Jesus Christ.